The sensor is rather resistant to different kinds of disturbances like dust and sunlight, however, if some ambient light would enter the sensor in just the right angle, the performance of the sensor could be lowered. Our recommendation is to place the sensor somewhere, where the risk of ambient light entering is rather low. For example if the sensor is used as touch sensor for a display, the best place to mount it would be above the display.
Articles in this section
- Is it possible to permanently change settings in the sensor?
- Why are the settings restored to default when I disconnect and then connect the sensor?
- Is it possible to connect multiple sensors to one host?
- Do I need any drivers when connecting with USB?
- Can I touch with other objects than my finger?
- Why use a GSM protocol(ASN.1) in a touch sensor?
- Is it possible to see the size of a touch object?
- What happens if a vcsel breaks?
- Could the laser damage your eyes?
- Can the I2C Address be changed?